Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Fairly-Well-Packed Gen Con Schedule


My 2012 Gen Con adventure begins one week from today. Looks like I have a full schedule planned too. Some folks who wanted to meet were asking me what my schedule looked like. Well, here's where I'll be, when I'll be there, and what I'm doing when I get there:

WEDNESDAY
  • Noon or earlier - Check-in at The Canterbury Hotel.
  • 1 to 5 p.m. - (playing) "It's the Great Cthulhu, Charlie Brown!" (Call of Cthulhu) @ The Ram as part of the Kentucky Fried Gamers' Wednesday Night Gaming.
  • 6 to 8 p.m. - (running) The Labyrinth Lord Society Meet-n-Greet at the Gen Con Stink @ Union Station Grand Ballroom. Come on out, meet other Goblinoid Games/Pacesetter fans, and get some swell swag!

THURSDAY
  • Noon to 4 p.m. - (running) "Thundarr the Barbarian: Across the Dimensional Divide" (Mutant Future) @ Marriott, Indiana Ballroom C. That's right! Thundarr Thursday is finally LIVE!
  • 5 to 9 p.m. - (playing) "Lair of the Lizardfolk God" (Labyrinth Lord) @ ICC, Hall C, Red, 25-27.
  • 10 p.m. to midnight - (playing) "Are You A Werewolf?" @ ICC, Hall C, Boffer Combat Arena. I've wanted to play this massive game of "find the werewolf in our midst" for quite a while.

FRIDAY
  • 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - (running) "Gimme Shelter II: The Rushmore Salvage Job" (Mutant Future) @ Marriott, Indiana Ballroom C. The sequel to last year's Gimme Shelter. (Available for download!)
  • 5 to 8 p.m. - (playing) "The Blasphemous Brewery of Pilz!" (Labyrinth Lord) @ JW, room 311. I get to play in Digital Orc's sandbox, run by the man himself!
  • 8 p.m. to midnight - (drinking) 'The Dead Games Society Cocktail Party" @ a mystery location. I'm running my games this year under the DGS banner. This night, they're holding an invitation-only get together filled with drinkin', gamin', and drinkin'. I may run a pick-up game of Ghostbusters there, or run another party through my Thundarr adventure.

SATURDAY
  • 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - (running) "Weed World" (Mutant Future) @ Marriott, Indiana Ballroom C. This went over quite well at Gary Con in March, so I thought I'd give it another run at Gen Con.
  • 4 to 8 p.m. - (playing, I hope) "Fate's Fell Hand" (Dungeon Crawl Classics) @ JW, room 301. I got closed out of this event when registering, but I'm hoping I can squeeze in with some generic tickets.
  • 9 p.m. to midnight - (playing) "Illuminati" @ ICC, Hall C. I'm a big fan of this classic Steve Jackson game. I have a near-monthly local group that plays, in fact. Let's see how I do against some of the brightest conspirators worldwide. Fnord.

NOT SCHEDULED, BUT PLANNED
  • Guest of Honor, Uber-blogger, and all-around good guy Wil Wheaton will be signing autographs in the Dealer's Hall each morning. Would really like to meet him and have him sign something for me.
  • Games-on-Demand across from the Dealer's Hall in ICC238 offers demos and pick-up games of some of the hottest indie RPGs. Hope to try out Fiasco, Life With Master, Dungeon World, Apocalypse World, and other unusual RPGs.
  • Digital Orc sent out the clarion call for an OSR Blogger Meet-up. Not sure if this is gonna happen or not, but would like to try to cross paths with a few fellow blog-meisters during the four days.
  • I have an advance playtest copy of a not-yet-released-or-announced RPG that I'm dying to run folks through. (Yes, I'm being deliberately vague due to a non-disclosure agreement I signed.) The creator was also kind enough to send me a playtest adventure as well. Gen Con would be the perfect place for a quick dry run of this exciting new setting for a classic system. (Ooooh! Spoilers!)
  • I also need to attend some of the auction, the "throwing out of the first die" to open the show, trolling the Dealer's Hall, visiting the OSR booth, and maybe shoehorning in a pick-up game at some point.
  • Sleeping. yes, I somehow plan to try to get some sleep.
And, as always, I'll be posting a daily Live From Gen Con blog post just like last year. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment