Wednesday, August 5, 2015

RPG-A-DAY 2015 Day 6: Most Recently Played...Post-Apoc DCC & Cryptworld


6. MOST RECENT RPG PLAYED...
I was torn on how to answer this as the last game I played and the last game I ran are two completely different games and systems. So I thought I'd touch on both.

The last game I played as a player would be in Jim Yoder's fun-filled DCC RPG game back in May. (Has it been that long? Yipe.) Jim ran a few of us through "Mall Maul", a 0-level funnel from the Crawling Under a Broken Moon zine, a DCC zine focusing on post-apocalyptic adventuring. Our happy band of bikers, scientists, and burro herders (seriously) explored the rundown abandoned shopping center with much laughter and good-natured gonzo fun. Many deaths due to lasers and mutants were had that session. Great fun, and I look forward to future DCC madness in front of Jim's Judge's Screen.

However, the last game I ran as a GM was one of Cryptworld for some local folks who wanted to give the Pacesetter system a go. I'm always happy to run a band of supernatural investigators through my favorite horror RPG. This time, however, it was a bit self-serving as they were unwitting playtesters for some new Cryptworld material that will be surfacing soon for general public consumption. What might that be? Here's a hint: Imagine if the movie "Roadhouse" was a horror film. Mwa-ha-ha-haaaa!

1 comment: