Tuesday, August 18, 2015

RPG-A-DAY 2015 Day 19 Favorite Supers RPG....Villains & Vigilantes


19. FAVORITE SUPERS RPG...
Villains & Vigilantes

As I explained on Day 15, Villains & Vigilantes was the second RPG I ever played, and it became a very well-played and well-loved game for my group. Everything just "clicked" with us: the straight-out-the-Silver-Age comic book artwork and a system that encouraged "play as yourself" PCs. V&V also had amazing support, as there were a TON of modules released for the game. (I should know -- we played them all.) And while my other players wrote new monsters and adventures for D&D, I was busy designing supervillian bases to infiltrate and new evil overlords to overthrow. And after nearly 30 years, I still have my original V&V rulebook from my teens -- now signed by Jeff Dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment