Tuesday, August 11, 2015

RPG-A-DAY 2015 Day 10: Favorite RPG Publisher...Goblinoid Games / Pacesetter LTD


10. FAVORITE RPG PUBLISHER...
Honestly, most of my interactions with current RPG publishers have been nothing but positive. Since I go to many different cons and events, I've gotten to know many of the folks "behind the scenes" in the industry and they have nearly all been exemplary. However, if I'm measuring which publisher has had the biggest effect on me and this blog, It's no contest. I'd have to give the nod to Goblinoid Games.


You see, more than five years ago, I was looking to re-enter the RPG hobby, and a cursory Internet search made me aware of the OSR. It was a style of gaming I enjoyed Back In The Day, and was something I was interested in returning to. So that's how I initially stumbled onto Labyrinth Lord, which was my "gateway game" back into gaming. From  there, I discovered GG's post-apocalyptic offshoot Mutant Future, and the rest -- as they say -- is history. For those new to The Savage AfterWorld, this blog was singularly a Mutant Future resource for many years: the game made that big an impression on me. I've written a few supplements for the game, in fact, and my Thundarr the Barbarian supplement is based on that game system. And when Dan acquired and resurrected Pacesetter LTD -- my favorite game publisher of the 80s -- you can see why Goblinoid Games/Pacesetter is my favorite publisher. Thanks Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment