Monday, August 3, 2015

RPG-A-DAY 2015 Day 1: Looking Forward To...Timewatch

I'm normally not a big fan of participating in a daily RPG Blog Fest. As much as I enjoy the one-offs that pop up from time to time, my personal time is somewhat limited on a daily basis. I'm usually fearful of getting about half-way through the month, then puttering out when real life hammers me too badly to meet the end goal. However, I've been reading some of the RPGaDAY 2015 entries this month, and it's got me fueled up to attempt it -- even if I'm starting 3 days late. (And posts here at The Savage AfterWorld have been infrequent, so this is also an attempt to get myself posting on a somewhat regular basis again.) So bear with me as I try to catch up with the rest of the gang.

And...here...we...go...

1. FORTHCOMING GAME YOU'RE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO...
I'll admit to having one weakness when it comes to RPGs. I *love* time travel games. I've always been a big fan of adventures through time and space, especially where the protagonists are trying to set history back on the right track. Some of my favorite TV shows that embrace this genre include Mr. Peabody and Sherman, Voyagers!, Time Squad, Quantum Leap, and that one guy...Doctor Something-or-Other. It's no exageration when I say that time travel RPGs are my favorites. Of course, I love Pacesetter's Timemaster, as well as Timeship, Continuum, and that one RPG...Doctor Something-or-Other. So it is with baited breath that I anxiously await Timewatch, a new time travel RPG based on the Gumshoe system. The Kickstarter was very successful, but -- as with many Kickstarted projects -- the game long ago missed its November 2014 release. BUt communication has been fairly regular, and I've no doubt this will be a great addition to the "time cop" genre. (Oh, yeah, I just remembered that Timecop TV show. I should add that to the list above.)

No comments:

Post a Comment