Monday, August 3, 2015

RPG-A-DAY 2015 Day 2: Glad I Kickstarted...DCC RPG's Chained Coffin


2. KICKSTARTED GAME MOST PLEASED YOU BACKED...
I'm a fan of Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG, as it scratches an itch I never knew I had. It's just so delightfully gonzo-retro fantasy that I really enjoy every game I play. And the support material for DCC RPG has that same wonderful vibe. Anyway, when they Kickstarted their new adventure The Chained Coffin, I tossed in immediately. I loved the idea of a fantasy adventure not taking place in the typical pseudo-medieval European setting. Rather, this was to take place in a fantastic creepy mountain setting that harkened back to Appalachian folklore...of witch-women and hags, of backwoods superstitions and powerful hexes. Loved the whole concept. Then, as the Kickstarter grew, so did the end result. What started as a single module grew into a boxed set complete with adventure, two more adventures, a companion setting, a map of the region, and a nifty rotating prop doo-dad. The Shudder Mountains grew to become an entire setting for DCC and one I never tire of exploring. And all because I and 728 other backers helped bring it to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment