Wednesday, November 19, 2014

U-Con's "What Is The OSR" Debate Airing On Save Or Die!

http://saveordie.info/?p=1156

On the first day of U-Con, I was privileged to be part of a panel of gaming stalwarts as we discussed "What Is The OSR, Anyway?" Ryan Thompson hosted the roundtable discussion with guests Adam Muszkiewicz, Doug KovacsJim Wampler, and I as we debated what the OSR "is" and our respective opinions on what "old school" truly means. The conversation was fascinating as we all brought our personal histories and experiences with gaming into the discussion.

I had lamented the fact that no one had thought to record the session, but it turns out I was delightfully wrong! Jim's podcast Save or Die! had microphones running, and this one-hour session was recorded for everyone to enjoy. I learned a lot and got some great insights on the issue of the OSR, and I think you'll enjoy it as well. Set aside an hour (and your preconceptions), then click this link or the banner above to listen in.

2 comments: