Friday, June 20, 2014

Tomorrow Is Free RPG Day!

Pop quiz, hotshot. This Saturday, I will be:

  1. celebrating Free RPG Day
  2. checking out a new game store
  3. saying "Hey" to a gaming pal
  4. perhaps playing DCC RPG
  5. or all of the above?
That's right, tomorrow is Free RPG Day, that day when game companies graciously donate tons of swag and new materials, and game stores open their doors to welcome the masses. My first Free RPG Day went a bit awry, and I missed last year's festivities, so I made plans to seek out a new game store for tomorrow's sojourn. Fortunately, I saw that Ravenstone Games in Columbus, Ohio, (a mere hour's drive) was participating. Coincidentally, I had made plans to stop by and check out the store some time ago, but I never got around to doing that. Tomorrow, I think I'll be stopping by to check things out, buy a game or two, and pick up some complementary swag.

Also, Jim Yoder of Random Encounters In Ohio is going to be running a DCC RPG game at 2 p.m. in the store. I've gamed with Jim in the past, had a few beers with him, and he's even a contributor to a couple of projects I'm currently wrasslin' with. (No spoilers!) He's good people, so if you've ever wanted to play or just check out DCC RPG, swing on by and grab a seat!  

3 comments:

  1. I was going to try to get in on the DCC game at Ravenstone tomorrow. Its a decent little store. Not as big or popular as the Guardtower but its within walking distance from my house. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure there will be nothing left by the time I get off, but I was thinking about heading there when get off work at 6:00.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I talked to Jim at Origins last week, but didn't get to game with him.

    ReplyDelete