OSR Classic Module Commentary - Deeper Integration of B1 In Search of The
Unknown By Mike Carr Into the Hyperborea Rpg - D100 Random Sword & Sorcery
magical and Arcane treasures Table
-
Here is a d100 random treasure table tailored for Sword & Sorcery campaigns
(e.g., Hyperborea, Worlds Without Number, ACKS II, or classic OSR systems).
Thi...
Monday, August 3, 2015
RPG-A-DAY 2015 Day 2: Glad I Kickstarted...DCC RPG's Chained Coffin
2. KICKSTARTED GAME MOST PLEASED YOU BACKED...
I'm a fan of Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG, as it scratches an itch I never knew I had. It's just so delightfully gonzo-retro fantasy that I really enjoy every game I play. And the support material for DCC RPG has that same wonderful vibe. Anyway, when they Kickstarted their new adventure The Chained Coffin, I tossed in immediately. I loved the idea of a fantasy adventure not taking place in the typical pseudo-medieval European setting. Rather, this was to take place in a fantastic creepy mountain setting that harkened back to Appalachian folklore...of witch-women and hags, of backwoods superstitions and powerful hexes. Loved the whole concept. Then, as the Kickstarter grew, so did the end result. What started as a single module grew into a boxed set complete with adventure, two more adventures, a companion setting, a map of the region, and a nifty rotating prop doo-dad. The Shudder Mountains grew to become an entire setting for DCC and one I never tire of exploring. And all because I and 728 other backers helped bring it to life.
Labels:
personal,
Retrospective,
RPG,
RPG a Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment